24 June 2009

[Imported] Afternoon delight

Yesterday, we had a cold front plow through (which more than likely developed from the continental polar air mass in the Canadian plains, and I'm only telling you this because I'm taking a meteorology class this semester, and it's just about the only thing I actually understand, so look! Look at my smarts! Someone call Jeopardy!), and it made for some crazy (though beautiful) skies.



First, there were TWO FULL rainbows stretched out across the sky. You can only kinda see the top one in this first picture and you can't see it at all in the second, so you'll just have to trust me that it was indeed fully there and not merely a hallucination from some trippy drugs, which, of course, is so like me anyway.


Now, I know you're all thinking that the blue skies do not at all match the orange-y reflection in the windows and against the houses. Bravo, you, for noticing such details, and needing me to point that inconsistency out to you. No, it's not shoddy photoshop magic. It was due to this:


CRAZY, RIGHT? Part of me was expecting to suddenly see a city-sized space craft enter our atmosphere from the right and start interfering with our satellites and causing static on our TVs. But - obviously - that part of me was severely disappointed when it didn't happen (oh, how I would have loved for Jeff Goldblum to show up and save me the world.)

And finally (and totally unrelated), anyone wanna tell me what's different about me in this next picture?

(hint: it's not my double chin)

No comments:

Post a Comment