24 June 2009

[Imported] Music to my Mouse Ears

I know that the quality of a website is totally based on opinion, but Ladies and Gentlemen, there exists one website, which I stumbled upon over the weekend, that is without a doubt, no questions asked, hands down, and declared by the Constitution itself to be the BEST WEBSITE IN THE UNIVERSE.

This site, my dear readers, contains over 3,000 tracks, loops, and spiels from all five of the Disney Resort Properties around the world, including tracks from the resort hotels, restaurants, and - no joke - the vacation planner videos. Obviously all the music from inside the theme parks are available to listen to as well, even attractions and other areas that no longer exist on the property (Horizons, anyone? How about Spaceship Earth back when it was good?), and they even have the actual recording of Br'er Bear giving the breakdown spiel on Splash Mountain, and MY GOD THE MEMORIES.

It's more of a radio where you request songs (sorry, no downloads available). The way it works is you have to register (for free), and you're given only so many points to "buy" songs at a time, which regenerate after 24 hours from said "purchase." You can get more points by posting in the forums, and yeah, it's sounds kinda confusing at first until you actually get in there and do it, but it is the most amazing thing I have ever seen/heard in my life, and I have been listening to this nonstop since last Saturday. And when a song comes up on the request station that I don't like, I just switch over to the Soarin' station which, God be praised, plays ALL Soarin' music ALL the frikin live long day. That's right - frikin.

And folks, let me tell you, if there is one thing that can reduce me to a weeping mess, swimming in a puddle of my own tears, it's the memories of my time at Disney.

Are there going to be a few of you out there who disagree with me about the awesomeness that IS subsonicradio? Maybe. Possibly. But to those of you to whom that applies (did I even say right?), I suppose you are entitled to your opinion as WRONG and INACCURATE as it may be.

Oh, and you're dead to me.

DEAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment